One thing I’ve discovered about myself is that I do not believe in boring food. For the why? There are literally so many ways to make anything and I just might be on a mission to explore them all. My latest adventure was with this chicken and mixed vegetable dish
here’s what you will need :
- 4 chicken breasts
- 4 small onions
- 100g cheddar cheese
- 1 bell pepper
- kebab sticks
- 2 large spinach leaves
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- salt & pepper
- chicken spice
- 2tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 large butternut
- 1 head of brocolli
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cardamon
here’s how you make it :
- Chop onion, spinach. pepper, cheddar to create the stuffing.
- You can start stacking your chicken breasts , placing a layer of stuffing in between each layer. Pierce the sticks through your stack to keep it all together. You can preheat the oven at this point.
- Combine your butternut, garlic, sugar, cinnamon, cardamon and honey.
- Place chicken stacks and butternut on baking tray and place into the oven to bake for 45 mins at 220 degrees.
5. Steam your broccoli and cauliflower until desired tenderness
6. Heat EVOO in a pan and toss in your chopped onion, minced garlic and steamed cauliflower and broccoli. Flash fry the combination and add salt and pepper to taste.
7. Once the chicken and butternut are ready you can start plating : )
If you try this out, let me know how you liked it!