There are a few things more comforting than a bowl of yummy pasta during the winter months. It’s really all about full belly warmth and all round saucy deliciousness. This is why you should try this 🙂
here’s what you will need :
Zucchini Pasta with Chicken , Mushroom and Bacon
- 3 large zucchinis, ends trimmed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons Chopped fresh parsley, plus more for serving
- 125g button mushroom
- 250g bacon bits / chopped bacon shoulder
- 1 medium head Cauliflower
- 1 tbsp Garlic
- 1 tbsp Parsley
- 1/2 cup Yellow onion
- 4 cups Chicken broth, low-sodium
- 1/4 cup Reserved broth
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper
- 1/3 cup Parmesan/romano cheese mix
- 1/8 tsp Red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp Sea salt
here’s how you make it :
- Using a spiralizer, mandoline, or vegetable peeler, turn the zucchini into thin or thick noodles ribbons . Microwave the noodles for 1-2 minutes, then drain any liquid.
- Slice and dice your chicken tittays to your liking , I opted for strips. You could cube or chunk it up as you wish .
5. Melt the butter in a large pan over medium heat. Add the chicken, bacon bits, salt, pepper, and garlic and cook until the garlic is beginning to brown and chicken and bacon is cooked through, about 7 minutes. Add in your mushroom and zucchini ribbons and toss it together.
- Now its time for the sauce! Combine all your cauliflower sauce ingredients . ( steam broccoli before this) Blend together until smooth and to your desired thickness.
- Pour that deliciousness into your pasta pan and toss till evenly covered and dripping in sauce
- Sprinkle the rest of your cheese and parsley and we ready!
If you try this out, let me know how you liked it!