Repeat after me : “Winter season is SOUP SZN!” . Here is a hearty, delicious twist to butternut soup which is already a decadent soup on its own.
- 1 pack country style sausage
- 3 cups spinach
- 1 Butternut squash, whole
- 2 heads Garlic
- 1/4 tsp each of your face dried herbs and spices
- 2 cups Chicken broth, Homemade, Or Low-sodium
- 1 Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 cup Heavy cream
- 1 cheddar cheese
here’s how you make it :
- Fry the sausage in a pan until cooked all the way through.
- Once done, free the yummy chunks from their confinement and chop it up into chunks to put to the side
- Next, preheat your oven to 220 degrees Celsius.
- Cut your butternut squash in half and clear out the pockets of its innards
- Cut off the bases of your garlic cloves and place them in the emptied pockets of the butternut
- Lace the butternut and garlic with EVOO and a sprinkle of salt and pepper and place in the oven for 45 mins
- Chop and clean your spinach ad set to the side.
- Once the butternut is ready you are gonna scoop up the soft flesh with a spoon and place in your processor/blender.
- The garlic gets to join the party too! You will squeeze the bulbs out of their shells easily into the mix. They have softened during their time in the oven.
- Add your chicken stock, cheese and mixed herbs & spices to the mix, blend/ process the ingredients until smooth
- Pour the mixture into a pot over medium heat and proceed to add your chopped spinach, sausage and cream
Fold in the sausage, spinach and cream and leave to simmer until the spinach has cooked to your desire!
If you try this recipe, do let me know how it goes!